I am a professional tree consultant and qualified tree surgeon. I have a useful mix of aptitudes, qualifications and experience that can be brought to bear to help on aspects of high hedges (daylighting, plant physiology, hedge management, land surveying, building surveying, dispute resolution, property law) in Scotland.
These include -
• a science degree and background including daylighting and the properties of light and a good working knowledge of current British and International photometry and daylighting Standards.
• professional qualifications in arboriculture and professional tree inspection, membership of the Arboricultural Association and formal inspection of thousands of trees for public and private clients.
• an experienced surveyor of land topography and of buildings, including residential property valuation.
• appearing as an Expert Witness in the Lands Tribunal, at Planning Appeals and at Local Plan Inquiries.
• more than a decade of land- and property-management experience, including boundary dispute resolution, as a qualified member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
• Certificate of Public Sector Management and experience at Head of Service level in Local Government. A successful company director and senior surveyor in private practice.
• providing evidence to the Scottish Parliament committee on the High Hedges Bill.
staying up to date with similar legislation and resultant case law and appeals decisions in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.” - Psalms 89:40